A garden fence is a great way to surround your garden with beauty and protection. There are many different types of garden fences of varying materials to use in your fence installation. A garden fence offers privacy and security as well as a beautiful appearance. If you’re considering installing a garden fence for your home garden or business property, this blog post will help walk you through the process so that you can make an informed decision on which type of fence design would be best for your needs!
Best Types of Garden Fences
The type of garden you choose depends on its purpose and how much space you are enclosing. Here are a few popular garden fencing styles:
- Picket Fences are made of wood planks joined by vertical stiles. They are an attractive option if you’re looking for additional privacy without blocking out sunlight entirely.
- Vinyl Fencing is often the most popular choice because it is easy to install and comes in various colors and patterns. Vinyl may be customized to compliment your home’s features.
- Wooden Garden Fences are a popular choice because they provide a natural look but may require yearly maintenance depending on which type (pine being more susceptible than cedar). However, this will depend on where you live.
- Wrought iron is the most ornamental fencing option, but it will also be the most expensive. You pay for beautiful intricate designs that can add style and sophistication to your garden area; however, these are not recommended if you live in an area with very cold winters because of their vulnerability to snow and rain, which may cause rusting over time.
- Chain Link is perfect for garden fencing on a budget.
- Steel Fencing is decorative in appearance but still offers protection from intruders.
- PVC fences might not offer the same level of security as others, but they are often more affordable and provide an attractive option for garden enclosures.
What is the Easiest Fence to Install for Gardens?
Picket garden fences are often the easiest option for gardeners to install themselves, and they offer a balance of privacy while still blocking out some light. You can also use brick when installing your fence if you already have garden walls in the space where it will be going up! This way, you’ll save money on materials without sacrificing weather resistance, and it is much easier to install as well.
What Is The Most Durable Fence?
Steel garden fences are the most durable type of garden fence. They do an excellent job of protecting your garden from intruders, and they last for years without needing any servicing to maintain them. Wrought iron fencing is also a good option, especially if you want to go with something decorative in appearance but still offers some degree of security against intruders. These will make sure no outsiders can get into your garden by climbing over the top! Picket garden fences may not provide enough protection against people who intend to break in and steal things, but they can act as a privacy screen while still blocking out animals from entering your garden.
How Do I Maintain A Garden Fence?
Decorative garden fences can be straightforward to maintain. All you have to do is get a broom and clean it off from time to time, taking care of branches or any leaves that might be on the ground. They are not impervious to wear and tear, however. Being exposed to the elements, they must be adequately maintained.
A garden fence should be inspected for any signs of damage or problems at least once a year. It is also essential that you clean your garden fence once a year using soap and water or an acid wash to remove any dirt buildup on the material’s surface; never use bleach or ammonia-based products for this task. To ensure maximum weather resistance, apply a garden fence sealant to wood fencing.
What is the Cost of Garden Fences?
Garden fence prices can range anywhere from hundreds to thousands of dollars, depending on what kind of design you want. No matter how expensive the material you choose, you also still need to consider the installation cost.
When it comes to installation, Deptford Fence has been installing fences since 2015. We offer free estimates and have experts waiting to help you start planning your new garden fence. Call us for a quote today!